|petBASE version 6.00 changes|
The following is a detailed summary of the changes introduced in Version 6.00:-
(1) Peak Periods can now be defined for boarding bookings. Increased boarding rates can be specified for bookings during these periods and corresponding fees automatically calculated. If a booking is only partly within a peak period, the extra fee is calculated only for the affected days. See below.
(2) Additional methods for defining pet and pen*-based boarding rates now included - see below.
(3) Booking Settings: Added Default Overall Discount Type (previously in Boarding Rates).
(4) Added Boarding Fee Settings. This includes:-
(a) Peak Period Surcharge Method, with the following options:-
(i) No Surcharge.
(ii) Global Surcharge: A single surcharge applied to standard daily rates during peak periods, either as a percentage of or a simple addition to the standard daily rate.
(iii) Peak Boading Rates: Enables you to specify alternative daily rates for peak periods (in addition to standard daily rates) in the Boarding Rates form.
(b) Sharing Reduction Method, with the following options:-
(i) No Reduction: As previously.
(ii) Single Global Discount: As previously.
(iii) Multiple Global Discounts: As previously but the amount can now be defined as percentage of (in addition to a simple subtraction from) the standard daily rate.
(iv) Total Daily Rates: Enables you to specify alternative total daily rates for 2, 3 or 4 pets sharing a pen (in addition to standard daily rates) in the Boarding Rates form.
(c) Minimum Days Charged For (previously in Boarding Rates).
(d) Morning Departure Charge and Time (previously in Boarding Rates).
(e) Afternoon Departure Charge and Time (previously in Boarding Rates).
(5) Boarding Rates:-
(a) The layout of the Daily Rates table now varies according to the Peak Surcharge and Sharing Reduction Methods specified in Boarding Fee Settings (see above).
(b) The form now only includes the Daily Rates table; other settings have been transferred to Booking Settings and Boarding Fee Settings (see above).
(6) Added Pen Settings to Pen Functions module. This includes:-
(a) Premium Type (previously in Pen Details).
(b) Peak Period Surcharge Method: This provides the same options as in Boarding Fee Settings (see above) but applies only to pens for which Boarding Rates are specified in Pen Details.
(c) Sharing Reduction Method: This provides the same options as in Boading Fee Settings (see above) but applies only to pens for which Boarding Rates are specified in Pen Details. Note that the Single Global Discount, Percentage Multiple Global Discount and Total Daily Rates options are new.
(7) Pen Details*:-
(a) Rates button replaced by Rates column in table; tick box for selected pen to add corresponding Daily Rates details.
(b) If Daily Rates are specfied for a pen, the layout of the Daily Rates window varies according to the Peak Surcharge and Sharing Reduction Methods specified in Pen Settings (see above).
(c) Added Copy and Paste buttons. These enable you to copy details (including any Daily Rates) from one pen to another.
(d) Premium Type moved to Pen Settings (see above).
(8) Added Peak Boarding Periods to Bookings / Calendar menu items. This enables you to define any number of peak periods within the range of your Boarding Calendar. The form also gives a summary of current peak periods, which you can modify as required. Having defined your periods, the corresponding dates will appear in italics in the Boarding Calendar.
(9) Boarding Calendar:-
(a) Dates falling within peak periods are shown in italics.
(b) Added Designate/Cancel Peak Period option to pop-up menu (appears after right-clicking a date). This enables you to designate the selected date as a peak period, or, if it's already a peak period, to cancel it. This is intended mainly for making small changes to existing peak periods.
(10) Add/Change Boarding Booking: The Rate column in the pets table is no longer directly-editable. Instead, you can now define a Special Daily Rate by clicking the column heading and entering the rate in the resulting form. This has been done because the new peak period surcharges and additional sharing discount methods make it impractical to directly-edit daily rates.
(11) Change Boarding Booking:-
(a) If you're using Pen Functions and you select a pen that would change the boarding rate, you're given the option of retaining the current rate.
(b) Added Update button. If you've changed your standard boarding rates (either pet or pen-based) since adding the booking, this function enables you to update the boarding rates shown in this booking to the latest standard values.
(12) View Customer/Pet Details:-
(a) In pets table, Code heading now coloured red; left-click this to display Code info for selected pet. Previously, you had to right-click cell in Code column to display this.
(b) Total number of cats & dogs shown at bottom of form.
(13) Earliest purchased version from which this can be updated to free of charge is 5.07 (previously 5.00).
(14) Program installs to C:\petBASE6. This enables users of previous versions to install and evaluate it without overwriting their current program.
(15) Maintenance changes.
*Requires optional Pen Functions module.