9.01 build 69)
Note: Please click your browser's Refresh button to make sure that this page is up-to-date!
If you're thinking about purchasing petBASE 9S, you should first download the free Evaluator program, to ensure that it fully meets your requirements and to determine which options you require. If you currently have an earlier version, you can upgrade to petBASE 9S as explained below.
petBASE 9S Evaluator
This free program is exactly the same as the full program, including all optional features, except as follows:-
(1) The fictitious name 'Clayworth Pet Grooming' appears on the main menus and most print-outs. If you purchase the full program, this will be changed to your business name.
(2) The maximum number of customers or suppliers that can be added is limited to 10.
To download petBASE 9S Evaluator version 9.01 (Build 69) please follow these steps:-
Click here to download (ie save) the installation file petBASE_900S.exe to your Downloads folder.
Close any open applications, open your Downloads folder, then double-click the downloaded file petBASE_901S.exe. The petBASE 9S Setup Wizard should now appear: follow the prompts to install petBASE 9S Evaluator. Note that the program will install to C:\petBASE9S.
If the installation doesn't work, please right-click petBASE_901S.exe, select 'Properties' and check that the file size (not 'size on disk') is correct: it should be 15,539,728 bytes; if it's not, you should download again.
If you have any problems with downloading or installing petBASE 9S Evaluator, please e-mail me and I'll try to help.
When you start petBASE 9S Evaluator, Introducing petBASE will appear. This contains a selection of subjects from the comprehensive Help system, which will provide you with a useful introduction to the program. I strongly recommend that you read all of the subjects in this introduction, as it will save you valuable time later on. It will also help you decide which program options you require.
Having tested the Evaluator, if you decide that petBASE 9S meets your requirements and you wish to purchase, please e-mail me, giving the options that you require and your business name. You'll then receive a PayPal payment request, which you can pay by credit/debit card or from your PayPal account, if you have one. On receipt of your payment, I'll e-mail you your Program Key, which will enable you to instantly activate your full program.
petBASE_901S.exe is digitally-signed, which certifies that the downloaded software is actually from the publisher, and that it hasn't been tampered with since publication. The certificate names the publisher as David Rodney Jones (the author of petBASE); this name will appear in a security window when you install petBASE 9S.
Windows 10 noteIf you have Windows 10 and have set Display Scaling to more than 100% (eg 125%), you may find that the text in petBASE 9S (and some other applications) is rather blurred. You can rectify this as follows: right-click petBASE 9S on your Windows Start Screen, then select More / Open file location and right-click the petBASE shortcut file. Now select Properties / Compatibility / Change high DPI settings / Override high DPI scaling behaviour, scaling performed by Application. This will eliminate the blurred text and reduce your petBASE display to its unscaled size. You can now use petBASE's Zoom function to adjust the display to the required size, without further blurring.
Users of versions prior to 9.00 please note
petBASE 9S Evaluator version 9.01 installs to a different folder (C:\petBASE9S) than all previous versions prior to 9.00, which means that you can install and evaluate it without affecting your old program.
Upgrading your current petBASE program
Please check your purchased version before upgrading, by going to Help / About petBASE. If you've previously done a free upgrade, your purchased version will be earlier than your current version. The upgrade price depends on your purchased version - see Prices for details.
Users with purchased version 9.00 can upgrade to version 9.01 free of charge simply by downloading and installing petBASE_901S.exe. This will overwrite your current program, while retaining your existing data; however, to be on the safe side, you should back-up your data before upgrading.
Users with purchased version 8.12 to 8.16 can upgrade to version 9.01 free of charge and users with purchased versions 7.20 - 8.11 can upgrade to version 9.01 for 50% of the current price, as follows:-
(1) Download and install petBASE_901S.exe. At this stage, you will have the Evaluator program installed in folder C:\petBASE9S, so it won't overwrite your current program, which is at a different location, so you can check-out its new features at your leisure.
(2) E-mail me, requesting your upgrade and giving the options that you require - see note below. After receiving your payment, I'll e-mail you your new Program Key (it's different from your current one).
(3) On receiving your new Program Key, start petBASE 9S Evaluator, go to General / File / Activate Full Program and enter your business name and Program Key; this will convert the Evaluator to your full program.
(4) If you have the Multi-User option on a network, you must repeat steps 1 and 3 for each networked computer, then follow the instructions on Help page 'Using petBASE on a Network' to re-define your data and documents location on each computer.
(5) Go to General / File / Restore From Backup to restore your latest manual backup from your current program to the new one.