|petBASE 9B download (version 9.19 build 92)|
Note: Please click your browser's Refresh button to make sure that this page is up-to-date!
If you're thinking about purchasing petBASE 9B, you should first download the free Evaluator program, to ensure that it fully meets your requirements and to determine which options you require. If you currently have an earlier version, you can upgrade to petBASE 9B as explained below.
petBASE 9B Evaluator
This free program is exactly the same as the full program, including all optional features, except as follows:-
(1) The fictitious name 'Clayworth Boarding Kennels & Cattery' appears on the main menus and most print-outs. If you purchase the full program, this will be changed to your business name.
(2) The maximum number of customers or suppliers that can be added is limited to 10.
To download petBASE 9B Evaluator version 9.19 (Build 92) please follow these steps:-
Click here to download (ie save) the installation file petBASE_919B.exe to your Downloads folder.
Close any open applications, open your Downloads folder, then double-click the downloaded file petBASE_919B.exe. The petBASE 9B Setup Wizard should now appear: follow the prompts to install petBASE 9B Evaluator. Note that the program will install to C:\petBASE9B.
Windows 11 Note: If you've not previously installed petBASE, to avoid problems when you first run the program, please do the following:-
(1) Ensure that Create a desktop icon is ticked in the Setup Wizard.
(2) When the Setup Wizard has completed the installation, you'll see an option to Launch petBASE 9B which is ticked. Please untick this.
(3) When the installation's finished, right-click the petBASE 9B desktop icon and select 'Pin to start'.
(4) Now open your Start menu & left-click petBASE 9B to run the program.
If the installation doesn't work, please right-click petBASE_919B.exe, select 'Properties' and check that the file size (not 'size on disk') is correct: it should be 17,252,560 bytes; if it's not, you should download again.
If you have any problems with downloading or installing petBASE 9B Evaluator, please e-mail us and we'll try to help.
Please Note. When you first run the Evaluator, the Bookings main menu will appear; click here to see what it should look like. If you can't see all of it, eg if the bottom tabs are hidden by your Windows Taskbar, reduce the Zoom Factor in the top right-hand corner of the display. The Introducing petBASE form will initially be superimposed over the main menu. This contains a selection of subjects from petBASE's comprehensive Help system, which will provide you with a useful introduction to the program. It's strongly recommended that you read all of the subjects in this introduction, as it will save you valuable time later on. It will also help you decide which program options you require.
Having tested the Evaluator, if you decide that petBASE 9B meets your requirements and you wish to purchase, please e-mail us, giving the options that you require and your business name. You'll then receive a PayPal payment request, which you can pay by credit/debit card or from your PayPal account, if you have one. On receipt of your payment, we'll e-mail you your Program Key, which will enable you to activate your full program.
petBASE_919B.exe is digitally-signed, which certifies that the downloaded software is actually from the publisher, and that it hasn't been tampered with since publication. The certificate names the publisher as David Rodney Jones (the author of petBASE); this name will appear in a security window when you install petBASE 9B.
Windows 10 note
If you have Windows 10 or 11 and have set Display Scaling to more than 100% (eg 125%), you may find that the text in petBASE 9B (and some other applications) is rather blurred. You can rectify this as follows: right-click petBASE 9B on your Windows Start Screen, then select More / Open file location and right-click the petBASE shortcut file. Now select Properties / Compatibility / Change high DPI settings / Override high DPI scaling behaviour, scaling performed by Application. This will eliminate the blurred text and reduce your petBASE display to its unscaled size. You can now use petBASE's Zoom function to adjust the display to the required size, without further blurring.
Users of versions prior to 9.00 please note
petBASE 9B Evaluator version 9.19 installs to a different folder (C:\petBASE9B) than all previous versions prior to 9.00, which means that you can install and evaluate it without affecting your old program.
Upgrading your current petBASE program
Please check your purchased version before upgrading, by going to Help / About petBASE. If you've previously done a free upgrade, your purchased version will be earlier than your current version. The upgrade price depends on your purchased version - see Prices for details.
Users with purchased version 9.00 to 9.18 can upgrade to version 9.19 free of charge simply by downloading and installing petBASE_919B.exe. This will overwrite your current program, while retaining your existing data; however, to be on the safe side, you should back-up your data before upgrading.
Users with purchased version 7.00 - 8.16 can upgrade to version 9.19 for 50% of the current price and users with purchased versions prior to 7.00 can upgrade to version 9.19 for 75% of the current price, as follows:-
(1) Download and install petBASE_919B.exe. At this stage, you will have the Evaluator program installed in folder C:\petBASE9B, so it won't overwrite your current program, which is at a different location, so you can check-out its new features at your leisure.
(2) E-mail us, requesting your upgrade and giving the options that you require. On receiving your payment ,we'll e-mail your new Program Key.
(3) On receiving your new Program Key, start petBASE 9B Evaluator, go to General / File / Activate Full Program and enter your business name and Program Key; this will convert the Evaluator to your full program.
(4) If you have the Multi-User option on a network, you must repeat steps 1 and 3 for each networked computer, then follow the instructions on Help page 'Using petBASE on a Network' to re-define your data and documents location on each computer.
(5) Go to General / File / Restore From Backup to restore your latest manual backup from your current program to the new one.
PLEASE NOTE! If your current version is 9.00 - 9.18 and your purchased version is prior to 9.00 (ie you previously did a free upgrade), you are not entitled to a free upgrade to version 9.19. If you download and install version 9.19, this will overwrite your current version and revert it to the Evaluator program. You must then purchase a new Program Key to convert the Evaluator to your full program, or re-install your current version using the installation file that you previously downloaded.
Updated 26 May 2022